All you ever wanted to know about Tropicana Oranges
- Year in and year out, Tropicana buys more Florida oranges than anybody. We are really proud to say Tropicana is the number one buyer of Florida fruit.
- In the last harvest (2007-2008), we bought about 11 billion oranges from Florida! While the exact percentage may vary depending on crop size, we expect to purchase more than one-fourth of all oranges grown in Florida this next year.
- We’re proud of the relationship Tropicana has with Florida growers. It dates back more than 60 years – to the beginning of orange juice.
- The Florida oranges Tropicana uses have different ripening seasons, and don’t grow year round. To help ensure supply, we use small quantities of high-quality orange juice from Brazil to supplement the Florida crop, and that’s clearly stated on our label.
- Our promise is to bring you our best tasting juice any time of year. Tropicana’s blend team and tasting experts blend our oranges together to give you that amazing straight-from-the-orange taste you expect from Tropicana.